Update Your Reading Wand
Updating your Reading Wand is as simple as saving a file to a USB drive (and it's FREE)! You should always update to the latest version because it has important updates, especially if:
- You would like to add the ‘Language Mode’ option to turn off the English. The default will still be Bilingual mode, but you can change it to Target Language (or English) only.
You have an older Wand that does not have the new titles loaded (and you hear ‘The file is not found’).
Please note: The images here are from a PC update, but the same directions apply for MAC. If your computer is having trouble recognizing the Wand, please try a different cord (standard micro USB cord). If you have any issues or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - and we will make sure you are taken care of!
Language Mode Card is available HERE.
To see a video of the upload process, visit our YouTube clip here.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or DM us @behabbi on Instagram!
[THIS BNL UPDATE 21.06.26]
- Biggest change: It includes all files to be able to read the 3 Modes: Bilingual, Target language only, English only
- Biggest change: It includes the content for the 13 new titles to be released Fall 2020.
- Target language first: For hidden phrases, kids will hear the target language (Chinese or Spanish) first when they tap the illustrations.
- Every recording has both languages: That way, kids hear both - even if they only tap one.
- Shorter pauses between languages: 0.2 seconds vs 0.7 seconds (0.5 seconds makes a difference!)
- [Emotions book] Hidden phrases are shorter (and we think better).
- [Words book] This book now focuses on words only. This means when you tap the image, it will say 'Blackberry' (in both languages) - vs - 'Blackberry bushes have thorns; watch out!'
[Note: We made the decision to focus on words only - to align with our future book releases, where we will have 3 categories Word Books, Phrase Books, Sentence Books. And Word Books will focus exclusively on words, in the spirit of being entry level and accessible.]