Update Your Reading Wand
Updating your Reading Wand is as simple as saving a file to a USB drive (and it's FREE)! A summary of the changes this update will entail are summarized at the end of this page. Please note: The images here are for PC, but the same directions apply for MAC - in that it's a USB key and you're replacing a file on it.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD
Download latest Reading Wand file here. File name: "Habbi Habbi-20.04.03.bnl". It is a large file (155M) and may require a couple minutes to download.
STEP 2: CONNECT WAND & COMPUTER
With the Wand turned off, connect it to your computer using the charging cable.
STEP 3: DELETE OLD FILE
Open the HABBIHABBI (D:) drive window. Click to open the 'BOOK' folder. Delete the old file in the BOOK folder.
STEP 4: ADD NEW FILE
Copy the new file you downloaded (in Step 1) into the BOOK folder. Be sure to put it inside the BOOK folder.
STEP 5: CLOSE; IT'S READY!
Close the HABBIHABBI (D:) window, eject the Wand like you would for any other device, and unplug your Wand. It's ready to use!
To see a video of the upload process, visit our YouTube clip here.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or DM us @behabbi on Instagram!
[THIS UPDATE 20.04.03]
- Target language first: For hidden phrases, kids will hear the target language (Chinese or Spanish) first when they tap the illustrations.
- Every recording has both languages: That way, kids hear both - even if they only tap one.
- Shorter pauses between languages: 0.2 seconds vs 0.7 seconds (0.5 seconds makes a difference!)
- [Emotions book] Hidden phrases are shorter (and we think better).
- [Words book] This book now focuses on words only. This means when you tap the image, it will say 'Blackberry' (in both languages) - vs - 'Blackberry bushes have thorns; watch out!'
[Note: We made the decision to focus on words only - to align with our future book releases, where we will have 3 categories Word Books, Phrase Books, Sentence Books. And Word Books will focus exclusively on words, in the spirit of being entry level and accessible.]